Blogs > Gordon: My Back Pages

Gordon Glantz is the managing editor of the Times Herald and an award winning columnist.

Friday, February 11, 2011

Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word

I'm sorry.
Let me get that out of the way right now.
I apologize if I'm not going to dance a jig for common man in Egypt.
I got off that camel when I saw pictures of protesters demeaning Hansi Mubarak the best way they knew how -- by drawing stars of David over his likeness.
Not swastikas, but stars of David.
If anyone thinks this is going to equal to a more peaceful Middle East, I have a Taco Hell taco with real meat to sell you.
As Bill Maher stated last week, this whole rebellion is like trying an onsides kick. It seems like a good idea at the time, but the odds are that the other team is going to recover.
The other team is the Muslim Brotherhood -- the Egyptian equivalent to U.S. nativism.
Celebrate good times, come on?
Yeah, right.
Not gonna happen.
Sorry.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Lee Weiss said...

Couldn't agree more!

February 12, 2011 at 5:40 AM 
Anonymous Ophelia said...

What do you know about nativism?

February 14, 2011 at 5:46 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home