Blogs > Gordon: My Back Pages

Gordon Glantz is the managing editor of the Times Herald and an award winning columnist.

Monday, March 7, 2011

If You Don't Know Me By Now

No, not really.

OK?

I was advocating going to war in Libya in my Sunday column.

For those of you who thought you were able to skip over the Dolt Warning at the beginning -- stating that it was a work of political satire -- and were still confused, I'm going to make such warnings mandatory in the future.

My point -- although I admit that I was almost convincing myself of military action while writing the column -- was that it really is no different than Iraq.

We would be fighting for freedom.

The freedom from a dictator for them.

And the freedom from the dependence on foreign oil for us, since the country is rich in oil.

It would be a chance to keep it above board. No reason to lie about weapons of mass destruction (although if the whiny U.N. was unhappy about invading, we could plant some near Gadhafi's compound).

With the brutal fighting going on at present, we would look like heroes.

We would almost be seen such.

Almost.

But was I advocating really doing it?

No, not really.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You may want to rethink that, buddy.
Your president just hinted a military action, although with NATO,which is lite fighting fire with a water gun.

March 7, 2011 at 9:08 AM 
Anonymous Dick Cheney said...

Let them kill each other off. That's the best-case scenario for us.

March 9, 2011 at 8:53 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home