Blogs > Gordon: My Back Pages

Gordon Glantz is the managing editor of the Times Herald and an award winning columnist.

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Dust In The Wind

Nobody in their right mind like a fierce wind -- particularly in winter, when 4o degrees can turned into a "real feel" of 11.

Still, I had to chuckle at the noon news today.

The anchor said the debate over the closing of libraries across Philadelphia was intensifying and that the situation between Israel and Hamas on the Gaza Strip had no end in sight.

But the big story ... it's windy outside.

And then they cut to a weather guy outside to tell us more about how windy it was outside.

I get it -- it's windy.

But ... I don't get it.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh ok, newspapers are any better???

December 31, 2008 at 10:29 AM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, newspapers are better. That's why they are failing. They have some standards.

January 2, 2009 at 7:55 AM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gordy..Those Weather Men/Women..I sometimes question the matter (gray) upstairs.Really, does it pays more if you stand outside during bad weather..I know they want you to feel their pain. Right now it is 16 degrees and there is no way I'm going to venture outside just to see if I have the same sense of feeling as they do.

January 16, 2009 at 11:52 AM 
Blogger Lisa Mossie said...

Welcome to blogging's dark side. I'm tagging you with this meme. Have fun!
http://bluftooni.blogspot.com/

January 19, 2009 at 9:31 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home